CONSTITUTION FOR THE FOLLOWERS
1. The Association shall be called The Bedford Rugby Followers Association.
2. The aim of the Association is to support and assist Bedford Rugby in various ways as determined by the Committee and by proposals carried at an AGM.
3. The Membership of the Association shall be open to all on payment of the agreed fee to the Membership Secretary. The membership shall run from 1st August each year and can be obtained up to and including the final league match of the season. The Committee reserves the right to deny membership, or withdraw membership, for behaviour which brings the association or the club into disrepute.
4. The Officials of the Association shall consist of the President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Membership and Outings Secretary, Social Secretary and Treasurer, all of whom shall be subject to election at the AGM. Officials can be elected from currently serving Committee Members only with the exception of the President. The President shall be elected at the AGM following nomination of a member by members in the usual way. The President is elected for a three year term but this may be extended for a further period at the AGM.
5. The Committee shall consist of the Officials and not more than 12 other members elected at the AGM. Six members must be present to form a quorum, two of whom must be Officials. The Committee shall have the power to appoint acting Officials from within the Committee to replace an Official who resigns during the year. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt as appropriate but those co-opted will have no voting rights. The Committee shall have full executive powers to carry out the business of the Association. The Committee should meet at least six times each year. If a member does not attend for three consecutive meetings without acceptable apology he/she is deemed to have resigned.
6. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in June with the Financial Year ending on May 31st. Independently audited accounts will be presented at the AGM. A Special General Meeting shall be called at any time by the Committee or within fourteen days after the receipt by the Secretary of a requisition signed by at least ten per cent of the membership.
7. Officers shall act only within the remit of their offices and individual members shall not make decisions or take actions on behalf of the Association without the agreement of the Committee.
8. Life Members can be proposed by the Committee but must be ratified by a majority vote at an AGM.
9. Additions and alterations to the constitution can only be made at the AGM and those should be in writing and with the Secretary one week before the date of the meeting.
10.The Committee shall deal with any contingency not provided for by the above rules.
April 2002, amended June 2002.
Agreed at the 52nd Annual General Meeting of the Association, 13 June 2002.
Amended at the 53rd AGM 12 June 2003. Amended at the 54th AGM 10 June 2004
Amended at the 55th AGM 16 June 2005.